Fixing Up Your Relationship With God
Your relationship with God is foundational to the rest of your life. He is your Creator and His blessing and provision determine the course of your life and the happiness of your days. God will also be your Judge when you die. Therefore life, both now, and in the hereafter, depends on having a right relationship with God.
Some Signs That Your Relationship With God Has Gone Wrong
- Your life is empty, meaningless and without much purpose.
- You have little sense of spiritual things or enjoyment of them.
- You don't even believe God exists!
- Things are falling apart.
- You lack inner peace.
- You constantly feel guilty or ashamed.
- You are often afraid and anxious.
- You have difficulty with self-control.
- You are addicted to alcohol, sex or drugs.
- You are engaged in crime or dishonest practices.
- You are aware that you are very materialistic but you do not know what to do about it.
- You keep thinking "There must be more to life than this.."
What You Need To Do About It
If some of the things in the above list apply to you then you need to take some steps to make things right with God. God is kind and gracious and will accept you even though you have made many mistakes. In fact in Luke 15 God is described as a patient and loving father waiting for His wayard sons and daughters to come hme to Him. You need to:
- Recognise that you are not living as God intended and have done many things that are wrong in life.
- Ask God for forgiveness.
- Change the way you think about God and about life and how you act towards others.
- Trust in Jesus to give you the strength and power to live life properly - the way God intended it to be.
If you think you might be ready to do this, and become a Christian, then pray the following prayer:
"Dear God, I have not lived the life I should have lived, I have said, thought and done many things that were wrong. I ask You to forgive me. Please change my life and make me a Christian. Change the way I think about God, life and other people. Make me into a new sort of person so that I am born again. Enable me to trust in Jesus and believe in You. I pray this in Jesus name. Amen."
Resources To Help You
For further help in fixing up your relationship with God try the following resources:
How To Become A Christian: a clear explanation on how to become a Christian, a prayer to pray, a bible to download and ten lesons on the basic of the Christian life.
Do I Need To Be Born Again? : Explains why you need to be born a again and receive God's new nature in your life.
Saved By Grace: Expalns why we cannot earn our way into heaven by being good or attending church. Why we must simply trust in Jesus. The place of good works in the Christian life.